Wednesday 7 September 2011

I can do this....

My apologies to those who follow this blog regularly for neglecting it over the past couple of months.  This summer was crazy and, as usual, packed with activities and trips.  While my husband was out of the country for 2 weeks at the beginning of August, my son and I were pampered and well-fed at my parents' cottage.  I have to admit, coming home and having to take care of things myself has taken some will-power : )  I have not felt like doing any stamping at all since then and, save preparing for a workshop at TheMuseum, haven't really.

With the start of a new school year, which has always been the start of my year (forget January 1), I have resolved to get my act in gear.  With my husband back to work I'm fending for myself during the day...without the help of swimming lessons, fitness class or Bible study yet.  Yesterday was a good day, today, not so much....my son, the budding artist that he is, decided to take his work off paper and onto the walls....lovely.  I love 2 year olds....really I do : )

Alright, so here's a card I came up with a couple of days ago.  I'm considering using it for next week's Make and Take.  I had fun with my new "Simply Scored" (love it!!) and some great new DSP (Spice Cake).

Gratitude card using the new "Simply Scored" tool
One of the blogging colour challenges last week (or the week before) was to use Soft Suede, Pool Party and More Mustard.  I love this colour combination.  So I decided to try....too late to enter it into the challenge of course : ).  I like the result.  I used the "Day of Gratitude" stamp set for this one.  I love the medallion.  I started by stamping the medallion onto the Pool Party cardstock (with Pool Party ink) and then used the Simply Scored tool to create a 1/2 inch grid...it's hard to see here, but it is a really cool effect.  I LOVE the Simply Scored tool, no more swapping scoring blades out on my paper cutter!  And it's so smooth. 

I used the new Spice Cake DSP from the Holiday Mini for the vertical feature with a strip of More Mustard punched using the Scallop Edge punch.  I took a couple of scraps of Pool Party and ran them through the Big Shot in the lattice embossing folder.  To create the hearts, punch out 6 and then fold 3 of them in half.  I used a glue stick to adhere them to the "flat" hearts and then onto the card.

Whew...I did it.  More to come in the following days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...