Sunday 2 October 2011

Monkey Fun and an Amazing Deal

So, have you heard?  Stampin' Up! is offering a FREE (yes, FREE) Big Shot this month if you join the Stampin' Up! family!  WOW!!!!  If you are interested in receiving your very own Big Shot for FREE please contact me!

And now onto this week's A la Card Monkey Challenge!  Terry and Shirley were kind enough to allow me to be a guest designer in this week's challenge and I had a lot of fun creating a sparkly (and jingly) Christmas card.

Here is the sketch for this week:



I LOVED this sketch and quickly decided that "Dasher" and sparkles had to be a part of the card.  Here is my take on the sketch:

Lots of sparkles for this Dasher card
So my colour combination is Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip.  It's taken a while to grow on me but I'm started to love the "Holly Berry Bouquet" Speciality DSP in the Holiday Mini.  The best part is that it has Sparkle Paper in it : )  I used some for the bottom of the "Top Note" background.  I also used Real Red sparkle paper for the "rosette" behind Dasher and some more Dazzling Details sparkle on Dasher himself.  I also HAD to use the new miniature Jingle Bells on this one.  Here's a close up:

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells....

They actually jingle!  It's great!  A very simple way to add something special to your holiday cards this year.  I'm really looking forward to using them in upcoming workshops.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...