Saturday 10 November 2012

Watercolor Winter Shimmer

Tonight's card is one I did a few weeks ago for a workshop (yes, I'm a little behind in my postings).  The technique I used on this card involves Shimmer Paint and 2-step stamping.

Watercolor Winter and Shimmer Paint


Simply Scored detail

Use Frost White Shimmer Paint to add some shimmer to your card
 I really liked the result.  Here's what you do:

1.  Stamp your first image using Classic Ink.  In this example, I used the poinsettia from "Watercolor Winter" stamped in Cherry Cobbler.

2.  Using a sponge dauber, dab Frost White Shimmer Paint onto the second stamp and stamp over top of the first image.

It's that simple!!!  It's such a pretty effect too.  Very subtle.

I realise that not everyone has the resources or the space to have Big Shot machine so instead of using a TIEF to add texture to the Very Vanilla background I used the Simply Scored tool.  Again, so simple and subtle.

Here are all the details of the supplies I used on this card:

Stamp Sets:  Watercolor Winter, Greetings of the Season

Paper:  Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla card stock

Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade

Other:  Simply Scored tool, Frost White Shimmer Paint

In other news, stayed tuned for a new blog that my sister-in-law and I are working on....Magpie Sisters!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...