Skip to main content

Fabulous Phrases

With spring upon us and my desk finally cleaned I feel as though a fresh breeze has blown through my brain and I can think, and therefore create, clearly again!  Isn't it amazing what an effect the change in season can have on us?!  Don't get me wrong, I love winter....and snow and cold....but come April 1st I sure am ready for it to warm up! 

Along with the change in season come new beginnings.  In the Stampin' Up family we've seen a "Colour Refresh" in the past couple of weeks and next week we'll get to see what's being "purged" in favour of new (and always exciting!) product. 

As we quickly approach the launch of Stampin' Up's new catalogue I find myself wanting/needing/desperate to use up some of my scraps and older supplies.  I am feeling the need to use Baja Breeze as much as I can now that it is being retired.  It has long been one of my favourite colours so I was thrilled to see it in this week's Paper Players Colour Challenge!  I paired the colours in this challenge with the "word" from this week's CASology challenge to create today's card.



Isn't that a great colour combination?!!  I have lots of bits and pieces of these colours from past Designer Series Paper packages and Sale-a-bration freebies that were put to good use on this card.


I have had the idea to make a "word collage" rolling around in my head for a few days now so the CASology challenge word ("word") was a perfect fit.  The "Fabulous Phrases" stamp set is so versatile and is really fun to use.  I picked out all of the words from it that made me think of a birthday and stamped them horizontally and vertically before punching out the Decorative Label. 


I took inspiration from a couple of cards that I saw on Pinterest (you can follow me there by clicking the link on the right of this page).  I had fun using my Paper Piercing Pack to pierce the circles in the backing white.

Happy Stamping!

Comments

  1. I love the word collage behind the main sentiment...and your pretty card has so many pretty colors, too! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Laura! I love the paper piercing! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colour combination! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun layout to showcase the colors, Laura! I love the paper pierced detail. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the subtle versamark words behind the main sentiment! So glad you in on joined the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really fun card... love the banners! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10: That's shiny ;)

So, I got side-tracked off my Twelve Days of Christmas Cards postings.   I got distracted on Friday by taking one kid to the doctor because of an endless cough and a little bout of stomach flu.  No worries, I'd have the weekend to catch up, right?

I was SO excited to have a weekend with "nothing" going on.  No parties, no places to go, no big errands to run.  I had a breakfast date with my son and then my lovely father-in-law arrived.  He not only brought us winter tires and put them on the car (THANK YOU, THANK YOU!), he took the kids away for a few hours!

Yay!

That's shiny!

Okay, so put aside stamping for a bit...let's go Christmas shopping for the kids and out for lunch.  It was great, we went to our favourite Indian place, then across the street to our favourite toy store and topped it off with a yummy holiday drink before heading home.

I fully planned on capping off my wonderful day by spending the late afternoon and evening stamping and watching a movie …

CAS Christmas

Here it is....my first Christmas card of the year!  I'm really liking Stampin' Up's new Winter Frost Speciality DSP.  I figure that I can use some of it for Christmas cards and whatever is left will be great for winter birthday, thank you and other cards.  Gotta love versatility!

I used the  CAS -Colours and Sketches Challenge #42 sketch for this card.  I really like the simplicity of the clean lines in this sketch. 



Here's what I did with it:

Love, LOVE, LOVE, Island Indigo and Pool Party together!  I'm so happy that Stampin' Up kept those two colours and used them in this DSP.  So great! I used one of my favourite, easy techniques -- "thumping" -- to create the look on the ornament.  The "Ornament Keepsakes" stamp set is still available by the way.  Here is a close up of the ornament:
While you can't see it here, I also stamped it again using the Illuminate ink to give it a bit of a shimmer.  To finish it off I used a little bit of S…

Thanks Grandma!

So here I am again apologizing for my absence from the blogging world.   And yet again I'll say something about "trying to do better"....especially for those of you, my faithful friends, who have expressed that you miss stamping with me and seeing what I'm up to.   I will do my best.

I have been absent because, honestly, I haven't been stamping!   The winter and spring were crazy busy...my husband, who is head of Music at his school, was helping to run a musical....my kids were busy....I was busy....

Excuses.  I know!

In any case, after months away from stamping I started again this week.  A lot of the stuff I've made, I've already passed along to others before taking a picture.  But I captured today's card before it gets put in the mail.

My daughter and I just spent a lovely day with my mother-in-law while the boys were away doing their thing.  A neighbour of ours was selling a little pink bike and, very generously, "grandma" bought the bik…