Tuesday 4 March 2014

Grungy Petals

I sat down this evening fully prepared to cut into some of my newest Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up...."Retro Fresh".  I'm loving the colours that are included in this particular DSP and was fully prepared to make the first cut tonight....I couldn't do it!  More about that problem in a future post : )

Instead, this is what came out of my stamping session this evening.  The colour combination is based on the colours used in the Retro Fresh suite - Tangerine Tango, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight and Baked Brown Sugar.




I took inspiration from this week's CAS - Colours and Sketches Challenge blog.



Now, I know I've taken some liberties both with the sketch and the definition of "Clean and Simple" for this card.  While there are many elements to this card it did come together quite quickly.  That was, in part, because of the "Gorgeous Grunge" stamp set.....I'll admit it, I'm addicted!  I just can't seem to make a card without it : )  The flowers are from Stampin' Up's "Petite Petals" set with matching punch....so simple!

The sentiment comes from the "Yippee Skippee" stamp set.

Here is a complete list of supplies used:

Stamp Sets:  Gorgeous Grunge, Petite Petals (Occasions 2014), Another Thank You (Photopolymer).

Ink and Card Stock:  Tangerine Tango, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Baked Brown Sugar and Very Vanilla.

Punches and Framelits:  Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Banners Framelits, Chalk Talk Framelits

Other:  Pearls Basic Jewels.

Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I really like the bright, cheery colors with the Baked Brown Sugar. I love the pearl accents on the flowers, too. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at CAS - Colours and Sketches! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card - love the use of the grunge for filling in the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - you did that gorgeous grunge set some very fine justice :o) I had to laugh at your comment on the paper - I used to be that way - but now I seldom make a card without it.

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...