Monday 25 April 2011

Fabulous Florets

What a fabulous weekend it has been!  After church on Friday morning (which was a great service) we headed to Toronto to visit my cousin and her husband who were in town from Vancouver for the weekend.  I always enjoy my time with her and it was great to catch up in person!  On Saturday we were in London visiting the "in-laws".  My son had a great time splashing in the puddles with his grandfather and singing "I'se the B'y" with his Great-Grandma "Noose" : ) 

And then we still had 2 full days at home!!!!  Unheard of : )  After an uplifting Easter Sunday service we spent the afternoon relaxing....which meant playing with my new stuff from the new Summer Mini Catalogue!!  YAY!   The new mini starts next Sunday and I'm working on creating projects for my Make and Take next Tuesday, May 3!

Here are some of the things I came up with using the Fabulous Florets stamp set, Beyond the Garden DSP and Flower Garden Embossing Folder. 

There are a lot of spring birthdays in my family.  I created this card with my aunt in mind for her birthday next week.  I had fun using the Wild Wasabi embossing powder on this card and, although it's hard to see on here, the shiny, raised effect it gives the leaves.  This card makes me smile and I hope it makes my aunt smile when she receives it!
Cheery Birthday Day card

This next card I "cased" from my friend, Leena's, blog (check it out at http://alacards.blogspot.com).  Thanks Leena for the great idea!  I love the quotation that comes with the Fabulous Florets stamp set; "the earth laughs in flowers" e.e.cummings!  I love the imagery of this quote.  It makes me smile!
"the earth laughs in flowers" e.e. cummings.  I love this quote!!!
I hope you are inspired by these cards and that they brighten your day.   I'm looking forward to creating more cards using these fabulous florets : )   The possibilities are endless!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Great cards, Laura. Thanks for the "props" and link to my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...