Thursday 28 April 2011

Monkey Challenge #53

One of the things I'm liking most about having joined the whole blogger family is seeing what others are up to.  Through my friend, Leena, who inspired  me to join this family I have discovered A La Card Monkey and their weekly challenges.  They post a sketch and then others make a card based on the sketch.  I had fun with my first "Monkey Challenge".  Here is the sketch followed by my version:

Monkey Challenge #53 sketch



Fabulous Florets....again
 I have been incredibly inspired by the "Fabulous Florets" stamp set from the new Summer Mini Catalogue as well as the "Beyond the Garden" DSP and Wild Wasabi embossing powder.  I really like the "springy" nature of this card.  Next time, however, I would run the Wild Wasabi card stock through the Big Shot first in the "Perfect Polka Dots" embossing folder. 

To create the flower images, I stamped the leaves first in VersaMark and used the new Wild Wasabi embossing powder.  Although you can't see it here, it leaves a really nice, shiny finish to leaves and makes you want to reach out and touch them.  I them took the flower image and stamped it using Melon Mambo ink.  I stamped off again and then re-coloured the inner petals and then stamped again for the top flower.  It coordinates nicely with the flowers on the DSP.  I matted the flower images on Pacific Point card stock.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job with the sketch! The colors are so pretty. I'm loving that stamp set too. Thanks for playing!

    Terry
    A La Card Monkey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this Laura! I love that set and paper too.....be careful...these challenges can be addictive!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...