Sunday 3 July 2011

Summertime....

....and the living is easy!  How quickly that sets in.  I find that once school is out slipping into lazy days is so easy.  I'm so happy that my husband is home for the next two months and I'm looking forward to all the travelling and visiting we'll be doing.  Which, of course, means that I won't be posting nearly as often and I'm finding it hard already to get myself into my little corner downstairs when it is so gorgeous and sunny outside.  I was, however, asked to be a guest designer again this week over at A La Card Monkey so here's a fun, summery card for you.

Summer Fun Monkey Challenge 63
 Here's my version:

Happy Summer Birthday
Firstly, thanks to my friend, Leena, at A La Cards for the great idea to use a scallop punch to make a sun.  Punch out your image using the scallop punch and then punch again, this time a little offset.  I found using a little non-permanent adhesive to attach the shape to a scrap piece of paper made it easier to punch again.  I used the BRAND NEW "Just Add Cake" DSP and Baja Breeze card stock for my background.  A combination of alternating Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron punched images for the sun in the middle.  Finally, the sentiment comes from "Best Dad Ever". 

Happy summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...