I made a trip to my local arts and crafts store tonight to purchase some jewelry hardware (E.M. why do you live so far away?!) and voila....earrings and a necklace.....sweet!
It is really ridiculously simple to make these.....you might need a little patience though while everything sets : ) Here's what you do:
1. Find some washers and/or bolts....any size will do.
2. Cut or punch (I prefer the latter) your DSP to size. For this set I used my favourite DSP of the moment....International Bazaar.
3. Adhere the DSP to your hardware using Tombow liquid adhesive. Let is dry.
4. Punch or cut out the middle of your washer/bolt. I used a hole punch for the smaller washers and my hobby blade for the larger one.
5. Cover the whole piece with Crystal Effects and let set overnight.
6. Repeat on the other side....either with the same DSP or with another pattern.
7. Tie on some Baker's Twine or attach to earrings.
What do you think? I'm super excited to try some more. I think I'm going to have to discipline myself to get back to cards after this : )