Monday 7 January 2013

Hope Blooms

Happy New Year!  To my faithful followers, my apologies for this is a long overdue post.  I have to admit I got really bogged down by Christmas preparations, workshops, and concerts and then I got really sick and passed it along to my family.  Thankfully, with the help of family members and some antibiotics we're all mended and ready to go for 2013.  This is the second year in a row that I've gotten sick just as I'm about to send out my own Christmas cards and I have to admit....it didn't really happen this year....along with many other things.  In prioritising, my blogging definitely took a back seat but I'm hoping to get back stamping and posting soon. 

In the meantime, here is a card that I made a couple of months ago for a dear family member who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  This is the first time that cancer has touched our family and we are hopeful that the treatments will be successful.


 
 
I have really grown to love this colour combination: Midnight Muse and Summer Starfruit.  I liked Midnight Muse as soon as I saw it last spring but Summer Starfruit is very unique and has taken some time to grow on me.  I also really love the sentiments and font in the "Blooming With Kindness" stamp set.  Stampin' Up has so many versatile sets and this is one of them.
 
Here are the details for the card:
 
 
Paper and Ink: Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit and Whisper White
 
Stamp sets:  Blooming with Kindness
 
Other:  Fancy Fan TIEF, Labels Framelits, Basic Pearls, Paper Piercing Pack
 
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...