Sunday 3 February 2013

Sweet Threads Cross-stitch cards

When I saw the "Sweet Threads Simply Sent" kit in the Spring catalogue I knew that I HAD to have it!  I really like to cross-stitch but don't do it very often because, honestly, I wouldn't hang one in my house.  So I was very excited to be able to create a simple cross-stitched image and then put it ON A CARD!!!!!  Sweet!!!

Okay....so here's the confession part of this post....I get really lazy in the evenings. There, I said it! I'm much more likely to sit on the couch then sit at my messy desk after the kids are in bed. So this is a great way to sit on the couch AND craft....AT THE SAME TIME!!! SO, I was able to watch football AND craft. Sweet!!!  Check it out:





Aren't they cute?!  And so simple!  The cross-stitch cards come already punched and with instructions (just in case you need them).  The suggestion from Stampin' Up is that one use the entire thread to create the image but I found that that was too bulky.  When I was learning to cross-stitch my mom always told me to separate our a few strands of the thread first and then stitch the image.  So that's what I did here.  I took 3 threads (of 6) of each colour and was very pleased with the look of the image.   

I got the Simply Sent kit as part of a bundle (so I could save 15%!!!) and got the "Essentials" stamp set with it.  Then all I needed was some ink...Primrose Petals and/or Lucky Limeade will do the trick.

Check out this kit on page 22 of the Spring Catalogue....click on the icon at the side to download the Spring Catalogue.

Happy Stamping....or Cross-stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...