Friday 6 June 2014

Blended Bloom

I love this time of year.

I love it for so many reasons.  Everything seems new and the possibilities endless.  After a long, dark, and, I should add, cold, VERY cold winter it is so nice to be able to be outside without 10 layers even if I do get eaten alive by mosquitos.

I don't know about you, but I find that during the winter everything in my body just wants to shut down and sleep.  The energy that it takes to do anything seems insurmountable sometimes!  Everything is a chore.  Including the things that I really enjoy doing.....like stamping!

Then spring comes.  And with it a renewed sense of optimism and purpose.   This year is no different except that I've added a new twist.   My church's regular Wednesday morning women's Bible study ends at the beginning of May.  For many of us, that's just too early.   What do mean we're ending?  There's still 8 weeks until summer.  My sanity is going to be thrown out the window if I don't have this!

So, a dear friend and I decided to continue on with a small little group with a new study.  It's about stepping out of our "boats" and, suffice it to say, I needed a little push.  This week we challenged each other to complete at least one task.   Mine was to clean my stampin' desk and make (at least) 2 cards!  There's nothing like some accountability to make sure I finish a task!  

I posted the first card yesterday.  Here is the second:


Speaking of new things and endless possibilities....these new Blendabilities markers from Stampin' Up! are fabulous!!!!   If you like Copic, you love these!!!  Each colour comes with 3 shades/markers and the blend so nicely.  Hence the name "Blendabilities"!

I used Daffodil Delight and Rich Razzleberry here to colour in the "Blended Blooms" stamp.   The darker shade in the Rich Razzleberry collection is very close to one of the new In-Colours, Blackberry Bliss.  The background paper is from the Moonlight DSP Pack.

Now that I've put one foot out of my little boat I think I might be able to stick the other toe in.  I'm excited to stamp some more this weekend as I play around with my new products!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...