Wednesday 25 June 2014

Teacher Thank You

My son has his last day of Junior Kindergarten tomorrow.  Where is my life going?!!!

It's hard to believe that another school year has passed.  It doesn't seem that long ago that I was fretting over sending him to JK.....what would his teachers be like?  Would he like them?  Would he make friends?  Not to mention the fact that I was going from spending all day with him to sending to school ALL day, EVERY day!  I was a wreck!

But, it's been a FABULOUS experience!  He's loved all of his teachers (in my part of the world, kindergarten classes have a teacher and an early childhood educator in each classroom), he's made lots of friends and he's learned so much more than I could have taught him at home!

I have such admiration for those who teach Kindergarten, and teach it well!  As a teacher myself, I know how much work goes into running classes but I can't even imagine the energy one needs to teach 25 4 and 5 year olds ALL day!

I wanted to make some special cards to thank his teachers and loved the idea of making apples using stamps from the "Work of Art" stamp set!



I love how versatile the stamps in the "Work of Art" stamp set can be.  I took the smaller "smudge" and stamped it a few times, rotating it to get the rounder edges on both sides.  To make the stem I use a photopolymer stamp from my "Eye-Catching Ikat" set and bent it a little on my block to create the curve.

Here's a closer look:

I wish ALL teachers a fabulous summer!  You have earned some relaxation time!!!!

Here's what you'll need to make this card:

Stamp sets:  Work of Art, Eye-Catching Ikat photopolymer stamps

Ink and Paper:  Hello Honey, Whisper White, Real Red, Garden Green and Night of Navy

Other:  Alphabet TIEF

Happy Stamping!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...