Tuesday 7 October 2014

Thankful for friends

This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada and it's definitely starting to feel cooler and like autumn in my part of the world.  It's hard to believe that it was actually warm enough about 10 days ago to go swimming.  But it was!  Here I am with a few of my favourite ladies on the beach of my family's cottage.  I am so thankful for these gals.  They keep me grounded and sane!

Hanging out with a few of my favourite ladies!

I had the pleasure of hosting them for a little retreat 2 weekends ago.  No kids.  No husbands.  Just us with good food, a little wine, a fabulous Bible study and lots of laughter.  I wanted to start their weekends off with a little something special.....but I didn't take a picture of it....thanks Julia for taking a picture and blogging about the weekend :)   

Here's what they got:

A little gift for my special gals


The gift box is from one of my Paper Pumpkin kits!  It came with everything I needed to put it together already die cut and ready to go.   Sweet!

The card (and yes, I know it doesn't coordinate) uses Color Me Autumn DSP from the current Holiday Catalogue and one of my favourite stamp sets, "Work of Art".   I really wanted use some of that DSP and I wasn't too worried about everything matching.  It fits the cottage vibe :)

I am so thankful to be blessed with a generous family who allowed us to use the cottage and a wonderful husband and mother-in-law who made it possible for me to be away!  

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...