Sunday 1 May 2011

Mother's Day Make and Take

Wow!  It's hard to believe that May has arrived, mainly because the weather has been so crummy lately.  We finally had a sunny day yesterday and I felt a sense of urgency to some yard work while I had a chance....it's raining again today (sigh).

So, having spent the entire day outside yesterday and most of Friday glued to the television watching the Royal wedding (wasn't it a fabulous service?!!) I have not spent much time creating.  When I sat down this afternoon to work out the details of my final card for Tuesday's Make and Take I had a really hard time getting started.  In the end, this is what I came up with. 


Mother's Day card
 This is an "easel" card and measures 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" when finished.  While I wanted to have something a little more "fancy", in the end I decided to keep it simple.  I used the "Message for Mom" stamp set for both the front of the card and the inside sentiment (not shown here).  It's a great set because the sentiments can be used for a variety of occasions and people, not just for Mom on Mother's Day.  The colour combination is one that I used for some of my Christmas cards that I really like; Perfect Plum, Bashful Blue and Whisper White.  I ran the card stock through the Big Shot using the "Beautiful Wings" embosslit to create the different butterflies.   All the butterflies got a bit of "bling"; the little ones are decorated with rhinestones and on the big one I painted the "design" with platinum shimmer paint.

For instructions on how to create the easel card go to www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/easelcard/ 

Check out "Upcoming Classes" for more information about Tuesday's class and future classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...