Friday 24 June 2011

Clean and Simple Birthday for PP52

I think I mentioned in a previous post how many birthday's and other occasions I have to acknowledge this week...from June 23rd to June 30th there are 4 birthdays, 1 anniversary and 1 retirement!  And because Canada Post has decided to strike (and who can blame them really) that means everything has to be ready tomorrow for when I see everyone : )

I'm really getting into this whole "challenge" thing in the blogging world.  I like that I get a template to work from and that certainly helps get the creative juices flowing.  For tonight's post I've got a really Clean and Simple (CAS) birthday card for my husband's grandfather who turns 85 tomorrow.  I based the design on the Paper Players sketch for the week.  Here's the sketch:

PP52 CAS Challenge
Here's my card:


I began with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock which I sponged in the same colour ink.  I decided to use a cosmetic sponge (one of those triangle sponges one uses to put on foundation) as I find that they give a more defined "print" and it almost makes the paper look like suede.  Thanks to Sue H. for the idea.

Next I layered some Old Olive card stock with some of the Nursery Suite DSP and then used Chocolate Chip and Whisper White card stock for the sentiment which comes from the "Best Dad Ever" stamp set.  Finally, I wrapped some Early Espresso baker's twine around a couple of times to finish it off.  Clean and simple!

3 comments:

  1. So pretty, Laura! Love the neutral colors and the baker's twine just wraps it up perfectly. Thanks for playing along this week at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Laura! Love the tip on using the cosmetic sponge--you're right it gives a great effect! Love the baker's twine too. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, what a wonderful CAS card! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...