Wednesday 9 November 2011

Bright Hopes Sparkle

Firstly, I must acknowledge my friend, Leena, over at A la Cards for her inspiration of this card.  She did 2 beautiful examples using these same colours, techniques and stamps that I completely copied for this card.  Please go and check out her blog if you haven't already, she does fabulous work!  Thanks Leena for the inspiration!!!! 

I was looking through a Bay (Hudson's Bay Company) flyer the other day and saw a layout of a house all done up in whites, light blues and light turquoise for Christmas and I thought...."I really would love to do a card using those colours"....and then I read Leena's blog that evening and it all clicked : )

So here is my version of this "Bright Hopes" card:


Bright Hopes Sparkle and Rock and Roll
 Isn't this a great colour combination?!  Pool Party and Island Indigo are quickly becoming a couple of my "go to" colours.  I love them together.  With Whisper White it creates such a nice, clean look.   To get the double colour on the "Bright Hopes" wreath I used the "rock and roll" technique.  First, ink your stamp with Pool Party (or another light) ink.  Second, "roll" the edges in the Island Indigo (or darker) ink.  Super easy and really pretty!

Dazzling Diamonds everywhere!
 I used Dazzling Diamonds (careful, they get EVERYWHERE) as part of some double embossing on the strip of Island Indigo.  I first ran it through the Big Shot in the Snow Burst embossing folder, then applied Versa Mark ink and Heat and Stick powder.  Finally, a touch of Dazzling Diamonds finished it off.  I'm going to try this again but on a piece of Whisper White....looking at it now I don't think there is enough contrast between the "Bright Hopes" wreath and the Island Indigo strip.  Stay tuned for more variations on this theme.

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...