Tuesday 29 November 2011

Celebrating Light....

....on a dreadfully dreary day!  It's been pouring rain here all day and it is so dark I was glad to have an excuse to get out some sparkly paper and a Hanukkah stamp this afternoon.  I've come up with a couple of cards for tonight's CHW Zippora Chapter's 2nd Annual Card Party.  The first is a case of Nance's card from Canopy Crafts and the second is my own creation.


Hanukkah Card
 I really like this colour combination for a clean and simple card.   I used Night of Navy, Whisper White and Silver Sparkle card stocks.  The ink is also Night of Navy.  Super simple but a really classic look I think.  I started by scoring the card stock with my Simply Scored tool at 1/4" in and then at 3/8" in to form a frame around the edge of the card.  Simply Scored is FABULOUS and great for so much more than just scoring fold lines for cards or medallions.

Hanukkah inside
I used the sentiment from the "Bright Hopes" set on the inside of both cards.  I really like the generic sentiment in this set...it is very versatile.


For this card I used Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White and Silver Sparkle papers.  I used my 1/2" circle punch to highlight the dredyls in the Hanukkah stamp and added some texture by using the Snow Burst embossing folder.

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...