Thursday 25 October 2012

Pretty Poinsettia and Big Stamp News

Here's a card I made for a fellow demonstrator to thank her for letting me borrow her "Watercolour Winter" stamp set.



I literally put it together in a minute from some scraps I had on my desk and an image that I had been experimenting with.  I embossed the Lucky Limeade strip using the Delicate Design TIEF.  Here's a close-up of the poinsettia:


I love the Watercolour Winter set partly because it is a 2-step stamping set.  I stamped the poinsettia in Real Red ink first and then took the "outline" stamp and sponged it with Frost White Shimmer paint to give it a little sparkle.  I like how understated it is.....it's actually more overstated in the photo than in "real" life.

If you love this stamp set you can get it for 15% off on Monday, October 29th!  That's right....ALL  Stampin' Up Stamps are 15% off on Monday.  You can place your order online by clicking the "Shop 24/7" link on the side bar or by contacting me directly.

Stampin' Up has recently released a number of SINGLE stamps for already great prices and these too will be 15% off.  Just place your order on Monday to get a great deal!

1 comment:

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...