Sunday 15 November 2015

Twelve Days of Christmas Cards 2015: Day One

For those of you looking for this on the 12th, my apologies.  I was knee-deep in exam marking, report cards and hosting out-of-town family.   I should have looked at my calendar before I made my announcement :/

I spent yesterday with my dear friend, Julia, at Stampin' Up's first OnStage event!  It was SO much fun.  I met with old friends and new friends and got to stamp with BRAND NEW product from the 2016 Occasions Catalogue!

You are going to LOVE it!

But for now, because I'm not allowed to show you anything yet, I'll be showcasing some of the work I've been doing in preparation for Christmas with new stamps, retired stamps, kits and My Paper Pumpkin in my second annual "Twelve Days of Christmas Cards" blog posts.

Be sure to check back every day or two to see what's new and to be inspired.  

I've been planning towards my latest class, a Stamp-a-Stack of 16 cards, and have been working on some simple Christmas cards to include.

Here's one that I'm really liking:
Use a small snowflake to create a wreath
Isn't it pretty?  I stamped the wreath using Pool Party, Island Indigo, and Silver ink.  To create the "fourth" colour I simply stamped again in the Island Indigo before re-inking.

Super simple!

Here's a closer look at the wreath:


Use coordinating colours or stamp a few times before re-inking to create this look.

I realize that I've used mainly retired products to create this card; the "Endless Wishes" photopolymer stamp set, the "Good Greetings" hostess stamp set and a retired TIEF that I can't remember the name of.  

Don't have any of these products?

Have no fear!

You, too, can create this card.   Consider using these products to create a similar look;

Flurry of Wishes


Holly Jolly Greetings
Woodland TIEF































You can purchase any of these products from my website at  http://lauragardiner.stampinup.net  or by clicking on any of the images.

If you'd like to attend my Stamp-a-Stack of cards on December 1st, please contact me for more information.

Happy Stampin'!













1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I've actually got the Endless Wishes stamp set so I'm definitely going to give this one a try! I made up my Paper Pumpkin cards this weekend and I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...