Saturday 12 May 2012

Going Girly for Monkey 108

Happy Saturday....and Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there....I hope it's a great weekend.  It's surprisingly quiet in my house at the moment.  I was "allowed" to sleep in this morning, my daughter is still sleeping and the boys have disappeared....aah...peace : ) 

I was chosen to be a guest designer for this week's A la Card Monkey Challenge---"girly-girl".  Can't say that I'm a girly-girl myself and growing up with brothers and having a son first I haven't really been exposed to much girly stuff in my lifetime : )  But then along came my little baby daughter a few weeks ago and suddenly I was inundated with pink stuff!  So that's my inspiration for today's challenge....pink and brown.   First, here's the sketch:

Girly-girl for Monkey 108


Here's what I came up with:

Pink and Brown Girly
I won't tell you how long it took me to put this together....let's just say I was rushing to meet a deadline : )  Luckily my friend, CB, had come over for the evening and brought the "Mixed Bunch" stamp set and Blossom punch for me to borrow and the nice UPS man brought me my Labels Collection Framelits.  Inspired by a cute brown and pink corduroy dress that my daughter wears I came up with this cute butterfly card.

My colour combination is Perfect in Pink, Melon Mambo and Chocolate Chip.  I stamped on of the "Mixed Bunch" flower images in Perfect in Pink and then "thumped" with the other two.  After punching out the flower I clipped off the top and bottom petals to create these cute little butterflies.  Then I "blinged it up" with rhinestones.

Only 3 1/2 weeks now until the new catalogue launches and it's FABULOUS!!!!  I can't wait to share it with you.  If you're in my neighbourhood and free on Tuesday, June 5th come on over for my annual Catalogue Launch Party.  Send me an email to let me know if you can come!

Happy Stamping!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl!!! Sorry I am late coming by to say Hi!! I really love your card this week with the butterflies, very cute idea!! Thanks for being a great GD for us, and thank you so much for leaving all those comments!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...