Tuesday 17 September 2013

CAS Christmas

Here it is....my first Christmas card of the year!  I'm really liking Stampin' Up's new Winter Frost Speciality DSP.  I figure that I can use some of it for Christmas cards and whatever is left will be great for winter birthday, thank you and other cards.  Gotta love versatility!

I used the  CAS -Colours and Sketches Challenge #42 sketch for this card.  I really like the simplicity of the clean lines in this sketch. 



Here's what I did with it:

 
 
Love, LOVE, LOVE, Island Indigo and Pool Party together!  I'm so happy that Stampin' Up kept those two colours and used them in this DSP.  So great!
 
 
I used one of my favourite, easy techniques -- "thumping" -- to create the look on the ornament.  The "Ornament Keepsakes" stamp set is still available by the way.  Here is a close up of the ornament:
 

While you can't see it here, I also stamped it again using the Illuminate ink to give it a bit of a shimmer.  To finish it off I used a little bit of Silver 1/8" Ribbon.

Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Your ornament looks fabulous in blues! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS - Colours and Sketches! I hope you'll join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like your Christmas card, Great colour choice too- they do go so wel together. I am intrigued as to the meaning of 'thumping' though. Lvely sparkle and like the silver bow.Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge this week at CC&S

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments, Louise. "Thumping" is a term I use when I ink up a stamp in a light colour and then "thump" or tap different colours onto the stamp in darker colours using my Stampin' Write markers. It creates a unique look to the stamped image.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I love the way you colored the ornament! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...