Friday 13 September 2013

Festive Flurry for Shower Invites

I have been working on some ideas for my cousin's bridal shower invitation.  She lives in the west and is having her wedding on our "Family Day" long weekend in February.  We are SO excited to see the mountains in the winter and, of course, excited to celebrate with her.  In anticipation of that, her sisters are hosting a shower in December and wanted to play up the winter theme.  When her mom suggested using a "lacy snowflake" on the front of the invite I thought, "Awesome!  Now I have a great excuse to purchase Stampin' Up's new 'Festive Flurry' stamp set and framelits!!!"  So I did : )

I LOVE how this stamp set can be used for something other than Christmas!  Here are the first 2 ideas that I came up with:





I really like this combination of colours and had fun with the Illuminate ink pad (I'm wondering why I didn't buy it last year!!!!).  I sent these two ideas away to my cousins and aunt and asked for their feedback.

Between them they agreed that they likes the Bermuda Bay strip but preferred the coloured snowflakes.  Here's the result!


I love how many variations on a theme one can get when stamping!  These are just 3 variations and there are so many more.  I'm looking forward to creating more with the "Festive Flurry" stamp set.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...