Tuesday 17 September 2013

Sweater Weather

It certainly was sweater weather in my corner of the world this morning.  When we left for school it was about 3 C  and I had to dig out the mitts!  Stampin' Up! nailed the sweater "feeling" with their new DSP "Sweater Weather"!  It started working on this card last night and, honestly, just looking at the paper makes me feel warm and cozy.  Really!  I know that sounds weird but it does!

My friend, Leena, has got a fantastic blog and "Monthly Sketch Inspiration".  She does a great job of creating sketches that lend themselves to so many variations!  I used this month's sketch inspiration for this card.



I just HAD to put buttons on this card.  I keep thinking of a big, warm sweater with great buttons on it when I look at this Designer Series Paper.  The problem is, I didn't have any real buttons that looked quite right.  I opened my little stash of Simply Pressed Clay buttons up and chose two that I then coloured with my Chocolate Chip and Soft Sky Stampin' Write Markers.  Perfect!  That's the great thing about Simply Pressed Clay....you make your buttons or flowers ANY colour you want.



I used a sentiment from the "Six-Sided Sampler" stamp set again and used a little piece of Natural Trim ribbon to finish it off.

I'm pretty happy with the result.  Simple and gender neutral!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...