Saturday 15 September 2012

Falling Leaves

Aah, autumn.  I love fall!  Well, I love all the seasons in their own way but I do have a particular fondness for fall.  I really enjoy going for long walks through the woods and crunching through leaves.  One of my fondest memories was walking home from university through the woods along Medway creek in London.  It was a gorgeous walk and my then friend (now husband) and I enjoyed many walks home from school on fall days.  That seems like a long time ago now.

In tribute to the fall colours I pulled out my trusty "Day of Gratitude" set to create this next card.  This is another one that I did for my Make and Take this week (we do four cards at each Make and Take) and again, I wanted it to be simple and accessible for anyone.



Isnt' it pretty?!  I simply stamped the leaves randomly in 4 colours that remind me of fall; More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler and Lucky Limeade.  Pretty soon the leaves will be brilliant and it will be Thanksgiving here in my part of the world.   I think this will be a perfect card to give to my mom to thank her for the yummy dinner she will be making : )

I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso and then punched it out using my Decorative Label punch.  Then I used my cool new "Stampin' Pierce Mat" to pierce the holes around the sentiment.  Stampin' Up! really does think of everything!  Check out the new piercing mats on p.181 of the main catalogue and the holiday one on p. 30 of the Holiday catalogue.

I'm working on another card with a similar theme for my upcoming Techniques class (there is still room in it....contact me for details)....so stay tuned for a variation on a theme.

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

  1. I had fun making this one. I added some of the acorn stamped in the early espresso. It added a nice touch to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...