Sunday 16 September 2012

Masculine Birthday

We spent last evening celebrating my husband's cousin's 30th birthday at our favourite Mexican restaurant....mmm, so yummy!  We had a great time and it was nice to catch up with extended family again.  I wanted to make a masculine birthday card for this occasion and turned again to my "Clockworks" stamp set.  I've mentioned before that I purchased this set on a whim and I'm SO glad that I did.  I love the "splat" in particular.


Another simple card really.  I did a lot of distressing and sponging edges on this one.  I chose to do a really simple colour scheme too.  Soft Suede and Very Vanilla are the staples with a little bit of Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze and Summer Starfruit.  The sentiment comes from the "Best Dad Ever" set.  Here's a close up on the clock:

 
 
When I first saw the seagull/swirl stamp as part of this set I wasn't sure what I thought.  I've found though that as a background stamp it works really well.  "Clockworks" was definitely a good investment!
 
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...