Thursday 20 November 2014

Day Ten: A Merry Little Wish

A number of weeks ago Stampin' Up! held an event for demonstrators in my city.  I always enjoy getting together with other stampers and crafting, especially when I don't have to do the prep :)   It's also fun because I always learn something new.

At this particular event, we used the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities markers to colour Basic Pearls!  I wanted to use that technique again and found that using them to decorate a tree from the Festival of Trees stamp set was perfect.

Use Blendabilities markers to colour your pearls


Here's what the whole card looks like.



Here's another tip:  Did you know that you can curve the Photopolymer stamps?  That's what I did here to make them "hug" the circle.  They are "bendy" stamps and you just have to adhere them to your clear blocks with a little curve and you're all set to go.

Try stepping up this card by using the "On Point" TIEF to emboss the circle.

Click here to see yesterday's Twelve Days of Christmas Cards post.

Happy Stampin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...