Wednesday 12 November 2014

Day Two: Joy Sparkles

For Day Two of the "Twelve Days of Christmas Cards" I'm posting one of my favourites!

If you haven't already noticed, I'm a big fan of simple cards!  Especially Christmas Cards.  When you've got a ton to produce it's just SO much easier when there a just a few elements that can be done quickly.   It's even easier when there's no stamping involved!

Simple, yet elegant Christmas Card

For this card I started with an idea that I saw on Pinterest of a card my friend, Leena had created.  I really liked how she used the Mosaic punch with the Glimmer Paper.  Somehow that morphed into me using the same idea but with Coastal Cabana and Real Red as my feature colours.   I punched one "Mosaic" out of  Real Red Glimmer Paper and then two from the Silver Glimmer Paper.  By sponging Bermuda Bay ink onto one of those I was able to create a third colour of glimmer paper.

Sponge ink onto Silver Glimmer paper to create a new colour

I wanted something to go over the Mosaic punched peaces but not to cover them so I used the "Joy" die out of my Wonderful Wreath Framelits dies.  To anchor the whole thing I used the Real Red 3/8" Satin Ribbon (Holiday catalogue) and the Silver 1/8" taffeta ribbon.


Just a note to the wise, be careful how you orient your Whisper White card stock in the Mosiac TIEF or you'll end up with your shapes running the wrong way : )

Click here to see Day One of the Twelve Days of Christmas Cards : )

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Rainbow Cards #2

 As I was cleaning up my stamping desk and moving things around some left over DSP scraps caught my eye.  I love the combination of the colo...